Monday, March 2, 2009

Happiness

"A person can be happy in certain moments, but it's not possible to actually be happy."

How many people believe this to be true? Does a person need to be naive to be actually happy? Or ignorant, even? Is ignorance actually bliss?

What if happiness is actually something a person must teach her or himself? I'm working on it every day. Every metro ride pulls me away; every time I fail at communicating with another person I feel further from happiness.

However, happiness is a feeling that starts in the middle of my chest and glows outward when I realize how fortunate I am to be able to experience beauty in life. I'm not hungry or cold. I have responsibilities, but rather than drag me down and make me feel burdened, I'm thankful to be needed. I have a purpose in life when I must answer to others and their needs.

Life is beauty, and happiness is feeling you exist for a purpose. In every moment I must find the purposefulness of spirit that moves me forward, since moving forward is the true sign of a healthy mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment